Thursday, February 2, 2012

suburban sanity

So last night's dream started with Natalie and I walking around after a late dinner.  Natalie and I wanted to go out on a weeknight! We did go out and the bar was awesome until about midnight when everyone left! So we left the bar without even grabbing one drink and we head to another club. We end up just driving around not really knowing what to do. We end up at a hotel that she was staying at. In the morning I have to wake-up for a return flight home, but I lost my itinerary. I have to call a travel agent from an ATM and she sends it to my email, but for some reason she sends it to my friend Alex's email. So the next conundrum is trying to figure out how to print it. I need to return to my hotel so I can use the business center for free. When I go out to find my car in the valet circle it's not there!

 I start walking around the huge parking lot around the hotel and I don't see my car. I am pushing the lock button hoping I will hear my car beep and nothing! I am so pissed that I immediately start looking for a valet. I find him and I start forcefully asking him where my car is. He gives me some snarky comment back. So I lose it! Most of my friends know that when it comes to airports I have to be there early and on time or I start having a melt down. Well this particular meltdown I took out on the valet. I start yelling profanities, calling him every name in the book! All of my friends start laughing and even the valet is laughing at me. It was a full on tantrum meltdown. So I lastly call the valet useless and start the search on the other side of the parking lot. I find a parking enforcer and ask her if she has seen my car. She looks at me with a terrified expression and shakes her head and walks away. So I am guessing she heard my tantrum. I find my car not too far from the parking enforcer and get in! Finally! I pick up Alex from the front of the hotel and the valet decides to join us because I guess he liked my craziness. Well I missed my flight so we had to driver wherever we were going. It was the valet's turn to drive when I woke up.

Marathon News:

I am refreshed! It took an episode of How I Met Your Mother to get me back in the mood! In this particular case, it seemed like fate! Ted recalled events that led to his missing his flight to Chicago for a huge job interview. All of the events were centered around the New York City marathon. It was pretty hilarious watching Marshall train for the marathon and the incidences he had to endure, which oddly enough some of them are like mine. That made me feel good. It also made me feel good that Marshall is not an athletic person and he could do it and so can I! Yes I know he is a fictional character, whatever. Then I took the advice of the ever wise Barney Stinson, here's how to run a marathon:

1. Start running

And that's it there is no step two! Effective and so true!

Friends and family who read this blog, please do not leave me to fend for myself when my legs give out after the marathon. I don't want to end up like Barney, stuck on a subway without a way to leave, I don't want to see the end where it turns around!

buh buh BAH bah buh buh buh baaaah

2 comments:

Living Arete said...

I am listening to Nite Becomes Day by Citizen Cope while I read. You should listen to it and look at the last thing you wrote.

The Fantasy World said...

Poor Barney got his medal taken away. good post nina, keep running!!!