Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hunger Games

Alright bloggers headed back to the Hunger Games based dreams! Last night there was a lot of chatter in my classes about the Hunger Games and I guess it stuck in my head. This time I kept dreaming in different peoples' perspectives. I don't actually think I was in the dream, I just followed different people around. Katniss, the protagonist, had just been drawn to participate in the Hunger Games and was training. Peeta was with her, but hadn't confessed his love yet.

Then my perspective changes from Katniss to last years winner, Tina. This wasn't actually in the book I think my head made it up. It was the end of the games and only four people remain. Tina is running around  kind of recklessly not paying attention to the other competitors. The man that was in love with her ended up killing one of the competitors trying to sneak attack her. Tina, surprisingly had a nautical super power where she could send some sonic waves from her fingers as long as there was water nearby. She killed the last competitor and the only other person left she loved. So they ran out of the arena not looking back at anything. Of course the gamekeepers start chasing after them, and one in particular had it out for Tina's lover. They run down a set of escalators that they stop with a rose jammed into the machine. They continue out the glass atrium and out the doors into the daylight. Tina and her love run to a nearby high school during lunch time. Tina takes this time to blend in. She stops at a picnic bench and starts talking to some girls (one of the girls is my friend Tyler). The girls immediately see that she is in trouble and start trying to help her blend in. Lo and behold Tina's lover ruins it all. He stops at the same picnic bench and starts gushing about how in love with Tina he is, basically shouting it out to the world! The gamekeepers over hear the whole thing and grab them to return them to the games. Someone has to kill the other, there must be a winner. As they head back to the games the gamekeeper who hate's Tina's lover starts shooting at them! He shoots Tina first in the shoulder as she is ascending the broken escalator, but it looks like her heart. She falls feigning death. So he moves onto her lover, who is so distraught he isn't paying attention to the shooter. The shooter kills him instantly and Tina realizes she won! She stands up in victory, I guess she didn't really love him as much as he loved her.

Then the perspective changes back to Katniss. I guess they were reviewing the tapes of previous winners and Katniss didn't want to make the same mistake as Tina or the lover. Katniss went to returning on her killing skills, but she wasn't getting very far. That's when I woke up thinking, woah that dream lasted forever. It was intense and vivid and just heavy.  I don't know if you can describe a dream as heavy, but it was just crushing me to my bed heavy.

That's all bloggers! Now ske-daddle!

1 comment:

Living Arete said...

I am extremely confused.

Hey you posted at 10:10.
I posted at 11:11.

Maybe Kyle and Kate will have some interesting post times.