Monday, January 23, 2012

Observation of self

I have a thing for old time circuses with a specific emphasis on carousels...

I didn't really realize this until I started daydreaming of carousels and fantastical circuses.

Here's the thing, I was listening to my favorite song Carousel by Iron and Wine, which really has nothing much to do with carousels considering all the metaphors and topics touched in the song, and I noticed that the sounds of old time circuses really bring me comfort! I then noticed the next song to pop up was First Love by Adele, which again has nothing to do with circuses except the melody! So upon even further reflection I noticed that a lot of my favorite things have some type of circus theme to it, albeit the tune of the song, theme of the book, snippet of a plot, or joyful memories!

First, one of my favorite books of all time literally takes place in a 1920's train circus. Of course this book was adapted into a movie and now is one of my favorite movies. Water for Elephants in my mind is a great love story with amazing imagery and passion.

Then, in another one of my favorite books the pivotal scene takes place on a carousel. The Pact, an incredibly depressing book, is based on the events that occur on the carousel. Once again a great read, I highly suggest it!

Finally, my favorite tv show of all time, Grey's Anatomy, has a scene on a carousel. The scene is a memory that tremendously affects the plot of the entire show. I could explain it to you, but I fear you would think it inconsequential. Thus I will not bore you, but I wanted to show you that carousels and circuses are everywhere in my life!


But why circuses? Some people think they are creepy, dirty, or even lame. I don't know! I think circuses are another method to my daily escape. What if I were a trapeze artist? What if I rode a carousel and my life changed? I don't have an answer for you, but I do think I have discovered something new about myself and that maybe I should look further into it!

Another question you might ask, what does this have to do with your dreams and the theme of this blog? I came here to read about your crazy mind and now you are spouting off random stuff about your life!

I just want to say that I have dayDREAMED numerous times of carousels and old circuses and the more I discover myself I think the more my dreams will make sense! Therefore, here is my little epiphany for you all to read and I hope that you gain some insight as well!

*Shout out to LivingArete for giving an awesome christmas present that I will treasure forever! Further shout out to my awesome friends you guys kick ass and take names, thanks for keeping me true to me by being you! Does that make sense?

Love,
Loca

No comments: