Thursday, January 12, 2012

Boom Boom Pow

Last night I was in a town created all my own. I did not recognize the place but I knew it was home. In the dream my family and I live in a small one road town. There was a concert in the church where we had all huge events. As I was walking in my dad leans over to tell me that bad things are coming to the town because he messed everything up. I did not understand what was happening, but the whole concert I was distracted. The next thing I know a woman's voice comes over the loud speaker.

She said "This concert is over. You all have only a little time to evacuate this building because I, Cruella DeVille, seek to kill the one who ruined my life. In order to do that, I will begin destroying every life in this town because you all played a part and you all will see the end of the lives of the ones you love. You may now begin evacuating."

I am the first one out the back door. My family is nowhere to be found and no one is coming out the door. I run back, why is no one running? I run to the back, then I run to the front. Everyone is slowly walking out the front doors, when there are perfectly good back doors that can speed up evacuation! I run back to the back door and start grabbing people and drag them out with me. I still can't find my family. I find my friend, who we all call Chicken, and drag her out of the church. As soon as we are out of the church, it blows up. Chicken and I dive into the nearby ravine and pray for our lives. As soon as the explosion has subsided, I run back to check the ruins. It is completely devastating. Anyone who was in the building is dead. The only structure that remains is a brick wall in the middle of the rubble. There are screams and moans and I lose it.

After I blackout it is a week later. Everyone is walking around town normally and casually. They even seemed relieved. I know why, it's because my family died in the explosion. Cruella DeVille left us alone because they were dead and she got her revenge. However, something is not right. I see many people walking in and out of the plaza and I know that they are going to die. Cruella is going to destroy more lives, but why? I am yelling at the people "don't go in, it's a trap!"

And then it's done. Many people die and I don't know what to do. I then realize why this explosion happened. I am still alive. I am the only remaining bloodline of my father. I must die with the rest of my family. I begin to run and Chicken follows. I start rolling down a hill in efforts to escape. I am running and before I know it my other friends are following me. Chicken, Kenzie, and Noelle are all with me. Noelle tells me of a sanctuary place that we can live and steer Cruella away from this town. We travel to a place that looks like a mix of Japan and Mexico. We are bunkered in an abandoned school just waiting. Everyone is comfortable and not worried at all. We of course made adjustments to for emergencies, but that was all we could do. I don't know how I always know, but I know when Cruella is coming. We are all watching a movie in a room, they're all giggling and whatnot when I just jump up and yell run! They don't pay attention and just keep giggling. I drag Noelle with me and we hop the fence from the play ground roll down a hill and start running.

Noelle and I make it to the outdoor market, miles away from the abandoned school. As soon  as we get there we see the abandoned school atop the hill burst into flames. We stop as to watch and pray that our friends made it out ok. We see my friend Jigga working at a jewelry store. She gives us a message and we continue on our way. We just walk around the vast downtown until we feel it's safe to return to the school to check on our friends. We return on a different route and we can't find anyone.

I wake-up to a text message and it ruined my dream! I tried to continue dreaming, but I guess I will never know if my friends made it or not.

1 comment:

Living Arete said...

I am cracking up at the image of you being chased around by a chicken lol