Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crocodile Dundee!

Last night my dream was actually kind of funny except for when it wasn't!
I am a little foggy as to the order of events, but I think it goes something like this....

I am with my parents and Noelle and we are checking into a hotel and first things first they booked us in the wrong tower of the hotel and my mom is furious! I kind of tuned out while she was yelling at the front dest. So I join my dad, Noelle, and some guy looking around the gift shop. There are fun knick knacks and such. We are playing with some toy when mom returns and says they are sending us to the bayou. What the hell? Bayou?

The next thing I remember is sitting in our hotel room and mom became very sick. Noelle and I were nursing her back to health, but she is still coughing up blood. We get a break from nursing duty and head out to the bayou to just relax and take a dip in the river. The river was clogged, it was supposed to have a pretty fast flow, this river was barely moving. However, it made for nice swimming so we swam around. Mom came out to join us and Noelle and I start freaking out! Mom is sick, she needs to be back in bed! As we were yelling at her mom jumps in the river to swim around. We then see something in the far distance, a huge 8 foot tall crocodile! We immediately tell mom to get out of the water and get to the ledge so we can climb the cliff! As soon as we start yelling at her the croc sees us and heads straight for us! We all scramble towards the nearby cliffs! We reach the cliffs and start climbing as fast we can but the croc is gaining on us! I am the last one up and the crocodile immediately jumps for my feet! He stays down there waiting for us to move or make a mistake! Noelle says that sometimes crocs can be bribed to swim away and not attack. Noelle pulls out $110 and tells the croc she'll give it to him for safe passage back to our hotel room, and he accepts. He had kind of a goofy grin and looked more silly than menacing once we gave him our money. We then head straight for the shore and never look back! As soon as we return we check out.

That's all I got from my dream world!

From my half marathon world,

Yesterday was kind of funny! First of all, I actually woke up early so I could run, which is an amazing accomplishment because if I could stay in bed all day I would. So after getting up and making a nice marathon friendly breakfast I begin my run. What I have been focusing on is running for long amounts of time and not necessarily distance. So I set my timer for 15 minutes and head out. At the end of 15 minutes I turn around from where I am and head back. Pretty easy right? Well I am running and usually after about 4 songs the timer goes off. Well I got lost in my head and I notice that it's been probably 7 or 8 songs! I check my timer and it says 14:38 so I thought I only had 20 more seconds. So I keep running and listening to the song. Then the song ends... I am so determined to just keep running that I didn't properly check the timer. Somehow at the beginning of my run the timer paused itself. So who knows for how long I was actually running! I am guessing probably around 30 minutes! I was making some distance too and I thought wow awesome I am the coolest person alive! So I start my time again and head back towards my apartment. In the last few minutes of the run, one of my favorite songs comes on and I get a second wind! I start picking up my pace and then head to a full on sprint! As soon as I finish the run I feel awesome!

I hope that finishing the marathon has half the effect that this run had on me!