Thursday, January 19, 2012

Celebrate good times!

So today I accomplished something...

The first step of pre-training was to gain the ability to run for 30 minutes straight, and I DID IT! It may seem like nothing to many of you, because many of you can run forever because of long legs, or athletic ability, or love of running. But let me assure you I have none of those things. Short person with even shorter legs, curvy body, and I hate running. I cannot even tell you how much I hate running. Running for minutes on end is one of my least favorite past times! Yet I accomplished running for 30 minutes without stopping today! I FUCKING DID IT! I am no where near being trained, but that first milestone was ruining my life! I was becoming cranky with my friends and I was generally unhappy, but no more!!!!!!! I did it! And I will continue to run and cross the half marathon off my bucket list, because I am strong, I have faith in God, and I can do something for me! Even if it is something that I hate with a passion!

***Sidenote: some of you may be confused as to why I am doing something I hate so much, and I will have an answer for you when I know how to explain it!

OH! Also, I pulled a Kenzie and did some celebratory shopping on modcloth.com! Yay new clothes!

3 comments:

Living Arete said...

Go Nina, Go Nina, GO! GO!

The Fantasy World said...

i can only run for 15 minutes without a break. This is phenomenal Nina, Congrats!

I want to do a half marathon too, but I need some major work.

Unknown said...

pulled a me......and went shopping? really nina? like i ever go shopping, psh...please.