Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

I had a post-apocalyptic dream last night, well at least the setting was post-apocalyptic

Everything took place in this massive under ground system of elevators and old mining shafts. I don't know exactly what ended the world, but I know we couldn't go outside. I was working on a thanksgiving turkey much like the one I cooked recently for a dinner party when Jake finds me. I was walking on my way to put the turkey in the oven and he finds me and kisses me. I push him away and ask him what the hell he is doing! He said "I finally found you, I have been roaming these tunnels for months trying to find you dead or alive." I am so confused and don't particularly want him sneaking up on me to kiss me and confuse me more. He says after the world ended there was only one person he wanted to be with and he's been searching for months to find me and tell me I am that person. I stop and stare at him for a good long while. During this entire conversation I was on the move finishing and continuing chores. When I finally decide to say something I said but why now? Then I kiss him, I don't know why, but I do. I didn't particularly want to be with him again because I knew he was going to leave me again, but damn it felt good to kiss him. At this point I am losing my mind in confusion between heart and mind and I am losing my path. I forgot which path I took to put the turkey in the stove! In this setting there are different levels and each level has different stoves and I completely forgot which level I put my turkey on! So I start wondering around trying to find it, while Jake is following me around trying to convince me that he loves me enough to never leave me again. Every now and then I turn and kiss him because I just can't help it. I never find my turkey and it probably shriveled up. 
The rest of the dream is me wondering around trying to find where I left my turkey. 

I wake up thinking, what the hell Nina can't you dream something that won't bother you for the rest of the day? But oh well, not really much I can do about it. 

The next dream I had was after I fell back asleep. This dream was incredibly real and vivid!
In my dream I woke up in my car with Chico on my lap, I am in the shopping plaza next to Sooner Mall (the worst mall known to man). I think to myself why did I wait so late to drive back to Norman? Then I think why did I drive back to Norman again? Well maybe I came down to hang out with my friends. Then I start my car up and head to a tanning place so I could get a spray tan. After I tan I end up picking up two backpacks and one of them isn't mine, but it takes me a while to figure this out. In the meantime I call Kole to see if he wanted to get a drink later that afternoon and hangout! I realize I have the wrong bag return to the tanning place which also is the college of education advising office. I returned the bag and left my number in case of anymore mishaps. I then head my way back onto Norman and I wake up as I enter the highway! 

1 comment:

The Fantasy World said...

i liked this one! haha where did that damned turkey go?