Sunday, March 25, 2012

Karma Chameleon

I HAVE OFFICIALLY LEFT MY LACK OF DREAM SLUMP!

All I needed was to take a vacation somewhere and get away from my daily scene! 

This first dream I awake orphaned around 10 in an unfamiliar setting and I didn't know who I was with. Quickly, I learned that I was living in an orphanage with a unique set of skills. The orphanage trained each orphan how to blend in with it's surroundings and literally change the color of our skin! It was freaky, but given the recent tragedy I suffered I was glad to learn a new skill. I mention a recent tragedy, but in my dream I have complete amnesia, I have no idea who I am or where I came from. 

We start our chameleon training in a hotel with a bunch of ugly wallpaper to start our blending process. Our teacher tells us to stand against the wall and breath in the colors of the wallpaper. Well, it was a really ugly wallpaper so the smell wasn't great, but I try anyway. I'm not as skilled as some of my fellow orphans, but I show a pretty good talent for my first time. I didn't blend in all the way, but my teacher was thoroughly impressed. For a little bit in the dream I am with the orphans going from hall to hall blending into different colors. As we start walking from the hotel I notice we are being followed and I recognize the person. Seeing this person triggered all my memories to come back and I realize he's chasing me because I am a wanted person. I apparently am the key to a sinister mayor taking over the city, but he can't because I am the rightful heir to the city. 

While at the orphanage I make some friends especially with a boy who won't let me leave without his help. I am running away from my assassins hoping that this boy will not die with me. I know that if I reach a certain point in the neighboring city that I will be taken into protective custody and given diplomatic immunity. I am running towards a sewer because that's the closest point to the neighboring city. We are almost there when we fall from a tremendous blast and the assassins are gaining on us. I am furious that I am powerless and next thing I know I am floating in the air and throwing a whirlwind in the direction of the assassins meaning I HAVE SUPER NATURAL POWERS! Embracing my birthright I make for the border with the boy in tow. The last few things I remember are plotting with the neighboring town and preparing war vessels to take back my city! I form a special unit with the orphan children as my spies, since they could blend in with their environment and they were able to get intel on the usurpers. The last image I have is exiting the war vessel with my army behind me ready to take back what was rightfully mine!


No comments: