Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am flying around in a tornado!

The main dream I remember involves tornados. I am at my apartment getting ready for whatever I am about to do when I walk out onto my balcony. Off in the distance I see a beautiful tornado just tearing through the nearby town of Purcell. Since I am from Oklahoma everything is flat and you can easily see a town over if you are on the 3rd floor. I watch this tornado and realize it is headed straight towards Norman (where I currently live.) First rule of tornado safety, go to the lowest part of your house or apartment and protect your body from debris. However, for a native Oklahoma, the first rule for tornados is grab as much alcohol you can find, grab a chair, turn on Gary England (our local weatherman) and enjoy the night! So of course in my dream that's what everyone in my apartment complex did! We all met on the tennis courts and enjoyed the view. We watched as the tornado switched courses and went to the east of us. I was there with my good friends Kole, Kenzie, and Blaine (names have been changed). After the excitement of the tornados we all went back to our apartments and the sun came out bright and shining.

Then there was a snippet of a dream. Somehow I ended up in a small airplane with Kole, Kenzie, and Blaine. Kenzie was flying and we were practicing landing. Kole was experienced and he guided Kenzie through the whole thing. We landed safely and that's that for the snippet.

One more, and no it is not typical for me to have 3 dreams in one night.
This is my mind continuing events from last night. Last night, Kole was trying to get with this girl. However, she was super drunk and at some points he asked me to take care of her. So the next day when I saw him I yelled at him for making me babysit his fuck buddy. He apologized and that's when I finally woke up for the day.

By the way it's super windy in Oklahoma today which is probably what inspired the tornado dream! Also I found out that it was the eve of Oklahoma's birthday! Even my dreams acknowledged Ok's birthday!

No comments: