Monday, November 28, 2011

Bee the Bitch!

Yes this time I purposely spelled it "bee" 


To explain the bitch part I must explain my dream, and it all took place at Sonic. For all you non-southwest people, Sonic is a drive-in fast food joint that is highly popular for it's ability to make amazing ice and put soda in a perfectly made 44 oz drink! My favorite in particular is a large Dr. Pepper with easy ice! 


Back to my dream!
I was at Sonic with my family and I was riding in the back seat. We ordered and received our food. When you order food at Sonic it always takes you 10 minutes longer than you ever wanted! So I was already cranky because I had to wait so long. Then I reach into my goodie bag and take a bite of delicious french fries and guess what! THEY WERE COLD! I hit the red button to call the car hop immediately! She returned with a smile on her face which quickly turned to a frown because I started yelling at her. She snapped back saying I can't help you,  we never had guidelines to deal with unhappy customers. I quickly changed my attitude towards her and demanded her manager. She quickly ran away! While waiting for the manager my family was begging me to leave it alone, and of course I wouldn't. Her manager came to the window and I start yelling at him for his lack of guidelines and protocol. 
That's all I remember! If you ask me I was pretty bitchy in this dream




Next, I wanted to share with you a dream that has plagued/defined my life. When I was younger I had a dream that I was being chased by gigantic bees! This all took place in my old house and probably my favorite after my current house! I was trapped running through hallways and rooms trying to escape these bees! When I say gigantic I mean BEAR sized bumble bees that I knew were poisonous. That's all there is to that dream. BUT, it has been in my head since I was probably about five:




This dream has led to my extreme fear of bees or any other type of flying buzzing stinging bug! This dream plagues me every summer and spring when bees come out from hiding and come out to play! Every time I see a bee or insect of that variety I immediately return to being trapped in my house and they grow 20 times their size!


It also has ironically helped to define a piece of who I am! One of my nicknames is bee, how that happened I don't know. I know it stems from my last initial being B, but really? My greatest fear is now a very popular nickname among my friends! Don't get me wrong my friends don't call me bee to make fun of me, it just happened! Another piece of me involves my late Papa. Papa is my mom's dad and he was a strong man who I highly respect. He was literally deathly allergic to bees and wasps and every time I see one I think of him.


So bees in my life are variable in their significance. They can be a part of a dear memory of my Papa, a remnant of a long lost dream, and a nickname! That's why I find them fascinating and terrifying at the same time! 


They also make a frequent appearance in my doodles!

No comments: