Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Theological Pondering

Hello dreamers, every now and then I break away from dreams and just self reflect. Sometimes I wish I was as eloquent as Kate and witty to boot, however I am plain old straight forward type like I would talk type of gal. (Ignore every single comma error in any of these sentences, if Kate can do it, so can you!)

This time I was hanging out in my apartment and I started getting paranoid that someone was in my apartment (this happens frequently). I shot up a prayer towards heaven to protect me. I stopped mid prayer and thought, a good majority of my friends are atheists, non-believers, agnostic, or indifferent. Here I am praying to a God that I am so sure exists, but my friends don't! Aren't christians supposed to hang out with other christians, but I prefer the company of non-believers. So my next prayer was something like this, "Hey God, is there a reason why you surround me with non-believers, can you give me a hint?" Yes, this is how I pray. I have a strong inkling that I am not supposed to change my friends beliefs or lack thereof. I don't think they need to change what they believe because even good christians are going to have fallbacks. Christian or not everyone has their flaws and beliefs don't change that! In my humble (most of the time inaccurate, but this time I think accurate) opinion, these people have been placed in my life to prove that accepting people and loving people is the best way to show your belief in God. I never understood christians who gave up on people or tried to change them, it didn't seem like what Jesus would do. Ya I did that. So I am choosing to interpret what Jesus would do by loving the people in my life and the future people I plan to meet!

Cheesy? Too religious for my readers? You know what? I don't really care, I just wanted to post about an interesting thought. That's what blogs are for aren't they?

Happy pondering!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

flattery will get you everywhere

Living Arete said...

Without sinners there would be no saints

The Fantasy World said...

and love is all you need.

Unknown said...

you need to update your reactions check boxes.....