Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

This past weekend my program scheduled a trip to the nearby beach of Nerja and the infamous Alhambra. I loved it all!

When I heard we were going to spend the whole day at the beach I (as Sabah would say)  nearly passed out! I love the beach and I'm such a beach bum that I couldn't contain my excitement! However, spending all day at the beach came with a price! We had to be up and ready at what Granadans consider the crack of dawn 8:30 am and get on a bus to get to Nerja. I don't really remember the bus ride, I only know that it was so BuMpY! When we got the Nerja, I was all focus on the beach! Thank the lord there was nothing super historical about Nerja otherwise I would not have survived! From 11-1 we spent time on the beach soaking up the rays like we would never see them again! At one they graciously provided us with the delicious dish of paella, which is basically like a seafood rice stir fry! It was absolutely delicious and made me miss mexican rice! The beach was nice and the water was freezing, but I was the happiest person alive! My happy place is on the beach with a good fiction book listening to my surroundings, from happy kids squeeling, to the waves, I LOVE ALL BEACH SOUNDS! When we had to leave I was pretty depressed, but I slept most of my depression off on the bus ride.



I'll write another post about La Alhambra, but now to the funny part of my day!

Earlier this week, my roomies and I were eating at a new restaurant and one of the waiters, Joseph, admitted that he was in love with me! Well he knows nothing about me, but I guess he "loves" me! My roomies decided this was their opportunity to get a free dessert! So they play this up all of dinner and lo and behold there was chocolate cake and pie for us at the end! Let me tell you that was some good cake! But wait there's more! He also gave me a love letter....
(translation)

Thank you for your kindness and 
your very nice friends
Beautiful Nena
I imagine you as the my perfect girlfriend
my little love
You are very beautiful
I am fascinated by all that
you are my beautiful girl
My name is Joseph
I am ready to have
a date with you
my life

He also asked when my birthday was, which my roomies quickly replied, sunday! He said to come back on Sunday and there will be a whole cake for us! For all of you who might not know my real birthday, it's in August. But sshhhhhh, don't tell! Well today is sunday and they made good on his offer! We arrive at the restaurant and he's immediately excited to see me, but he seemed guarded. Come to find out he couldn't find me on facebook. Don't worry guys, he had my name to find it, he's only slightly a creeper. The food at this restaurant is absolutely amazing and we quickly got absorbed in all the food, but Joseph kept coming around asking about my facebook and looking sad! Well, we moved through our dinner like starving animals and soon came out my cake! I am pretty sure Joseph spent his own money to buy me an ice cream cake from a nearby Heladeria (ice cream shop) and the cake was FANTASTIC! Muy rico! and free! Dinner also came with another note! 

(translation)

Little Nina Becerra
Happy birthday
Your friends and Joseph 
wish you the best
Happy birthday
Kisses and HUGS

If I ever have another "unbirthday" celebration, I don't think it will top this one! I had a blast and it was a great night in Spain!

1 comment:

The Fantasy World said...

you're using this poor soul for your benefit!

and he's pouring his heart out!

My name is Joseph
I am ready to have
a date with you
my life

the case of the cake and the creeper, act 3 starts NOW!

(hold on to yer seats!)