Friday, June 15, 2012

Barca Loca!

So this past weekend we had a free weekend because of the Fiesta de Corpus! Our crew, which is quickly getting referred to as the Apartment crew, decided to go to Barcelona, the NYC of Spain!  After going out wednesday, we arrived thursday pretty much spent for the rest of the day on thursday! However, Friday we woke up ready to see Barcelona! Four out of the six of us booked a sky diving trip, and no I didn't do it. Sorry to disappoint bloggers, but I am a scaredy cat when it comes to free fall! One day maybe I'll sky dive with one of you, but this weekend just wasn't my time. So me and Nadya, decided to walk around Barcelona and ask locals about discotecas and fun things to see in the city! We eventually made our way to the beach! I am such a beach bum, so when we found the beach I almost passed out with excitement! Of course Nadya and I didn't have any towel, but we were wearing our swimsuits! We spent most of the afternoon laying out, burying ourselves in the sand, asking locals on the beach about Barca, and finally avoiding all of the beach merchants! These guys would walk around selling henna tattoos, massages, sarongs, mojitos, and anything else you could think of! The water was cold, the sand was nice, and the sun was shining I was in heaven! Once our beach time was spent we took a bike cab to the end of the boardwalk and checked out some clubs down there! We found our way home which in Barca, it was really far away. I took a siesta while Nadya went exploring some more and I waited for the sky divers to get back. I passed out for like 4 hours and that's when the skydivers returned, but where was Nadya? The skydivers could not stop talking about how they jumped out of plane that day and I made dinner for them. Eventually Nadya, returns but won't come in the door all the way. She seemed surprised that everyone was there and awake. Come to find out she had a boy in the hallway that she met at a bachelor party while I was sleeping. We would not stop giving her crap!



Eventually we all decided to get ready and go out. We stopped at a bar to pregame, which Barcelona bars don't have tapas so we were missing Granada at that point in time. After the bar we couldn't all fit in one cab so we took two. Well....we got separated! My cab made it to the discoteca Razzmatazz and we paid the cover charge and went inside. The other cab made it to the discoteca, but couldn't get in because they didn't have their ID's. My cab didn't have our ID's, but we told the guy our birthday and he let us in no problem! So the other cab went back to our apartment because they had no idea what to do! My group waited around the entrance of the club for a while, then went around the club looking for them, then just ended up dancing. My group had a blast! We all met guys, danced until we couldn't stand anymore then caught a cab back all the while wondering what happened to them? We get back to the apartment and there is the other cab sitting on the stoop of our building angry as fuck! They had been there about three hours waiting for us, because we were the only one's with keys! WHOOPS!


The next day we went on a sight seeing bus tour because it was the cheapest way to see everything you need to see in Barcelona. We saw La Sagrada Familia, which is a famous church in Barca that has been fifty years in the making! It's absolutely a beaut! Then we went to the outside of the city to go to the Barcelona futbol club, which Sabbah is obsessed with! She was in heaven, because she loves soccer and all of her favorite players play on Barca! We got jerseys, took pics and left that place was huge! On the return route we all fell asleep on the bus! hahaha We didn't mean to, but it was such a long night we all just passed out! When we got back to our apartment, I started to make dinner again while everyone fell asleep again, but I also had to take care of a massive blister on my foot that was making me limp around! It was the size of three quarters! It was getting infected and needed a serious cleaning! After dinner once again we started to get ready to go out again! This time we were determined to not get separated and if we did make sure that someone always had a key! We started out at this bar called the Stock Market! It was an american bar, but what was cool about it was that the more popular drinks gained points on the stock market and the least popular had less points! The drink prices were based on the points the drink had on the market! The concept was awesome, I just wish it wasn't in Barcelona and in the states. We left after we were sufficiently shwasty and went to the next discoteca called Opium! The music was fantastic, the lights were stellar, and everything was amazing about this place! However, starting around 5 am you notice that there is a plethora of freshly broken glass on the floor from people dropping their drinks. Also, at some point all of the girls decided to disappear and there were a lot of guys there! They would see us group of girls dancing and literally circle around us and watch us like vultures before they chose a girl to dance with! It was creeeeeppppyyyy!!! I was dealing with all of that because I was like "hey it's Spain!" but I drew the line when one guy that was dancing near us literally lifted his arm as high as it could and shattered his finished drink on the floor! We left after that and when I got back to the apartment, I had four pieces of glass in my blister! OUCHIES!

That's all for Barca, sorry it took so long I just didn't really feel like writing this week! More to come soon!
















2 comments:

Unknown said...

lets go sky diving in hawaii??? that would be insane and omg three hours? loco why didn't they go get ice cream or something? miss you bunches and oodles!!! <3

The Fantasy World said...

good luck landing on the island when you skydive out there.

I'm going sky diving in August here in no ocean-Oklahoma.